Tuesday, April 3, 2007



You gotta love April snow. Yesterday Robins were probing the lawns, raptors were migrating overhead, juncos and fox sparrows were feeding under the feeder and the Minnesota Twins were on TV! Today we got 8 inches of wet heavy snow! Thank God I am leaving this Friday and head to warmer climates.




Our Siberian Husky, Mr. Bear loves the snow! Bear loves to run and slide thru the snow, eats the snow, piss & shit on the snow, lies on top of the snow, fetch snowballs or just sit on the snow and let the snow fall on top of him. We bought a harness so he can pull the snow on sleds and he seems to like that but today the snow was to wet and sticky for that. Mainly Bear likes to keep a look out for rabbits. He has his eyes on two rabbits that are hanging around our shed.




Our pond was almost thawed out. This is my favorite area of our yard. This area butts up against some state land and the woods are connected to a larger piece of land that heads down to the St. Louis River. In this area I had Mourning Warblers nesting and Redstarts nesting in the past. Right next to the pond I built a fire pit where many of my good birding friends in the past have dranked a few beers here with me. This might of been the spot where Tom and I talked about the calendar idea.




When I took this photo a snow squall just swept over our neighborhood. Some of you or maybe just 1-2 two of you reading this blog may of noticed our house is no longer white but a shade of green. Well the green is called "sage shadow". Nothing is more boring than white houses! When we bought this house 10 years ago, I told Monica that one day we are going to paint this house so other color than white! Well last summer we hired some professional painters and they finished the job in 5 days! This summer's project is something Monica wants bad and that is a brick patio with a wood deck connected to it. The kids want me to build a platform for their monster size swimming pool we bought last summer but our yard is void of any spot that is level, so I have to build a deck paltform for this pool. Hell the pool comes with a circulation pump and is 3 feet deep and I have to treat the pool with chemicals. The kids are getting so damn big that the good ole days of watching play in the plastic mold pools are over with.


Later!

No comments: