Monday, July 2, 2007

SOLD!

Last Friday at 4:30pm Monica comes into the computer room and tells me that Dobson Communication has been sold to AT&T!! We sat there and looked at each other and wonder what the future will unfold for us. Monica is the Midwest Regional Marketing Director for Dobson. Will At&T keep her? We talked and talked about scenarios, what to do, what we need to now and ect.. very stressing.

Our yard next year will be part of the secret garden tour in western half of Duluth. We were asked by the organizer as news came to her about our gardens, pond, stream and ect.. we have through our yard. I guess after all the shoveling, hauling and planting, we get rewarded by this invitation. I am very happy.

I still have yet pick up my binoculars or my dragonfly net. I am down to one last small yard project and I am done for the summer!

Monica called me today and informs me there is small sliver of hope of her staying on with AT&T after the deal is finalized. This sale takes at least a 9 months to compete so at least she has a job till then. Monica also informs me that AT&T has marketing positions in Oregon. Oregon?! Ok I can see myself living in Oregon!

Hopefully next posting I will know about the our future here in Duluth or in Minnesota. For now I am getting the church hall ready for the huge funeral we will be having this Thursday. For those that in Duluth a man was shot in the Central Hillside neighborhood. (murders in Duluth is not a every day happening here) but the who was killed his parents go to our church. In fact last Sunday the parents were in church and it was only 5 hours before they came to church they learned thier son was murdered. I know I would be to devasted if my son was murdered at a house party to even think about going to church. As I was leaving church my priest pulled me aside to tell me to clean up the hall the next two days to prepare for a huge funeral. As I went outside the parents were talking with calmness about the events to thier close friends. Again how can they hold themselves with such composure? The sad thing about the whole murder is that this man just got home from serving a year and half in Iraq! Then again nothing good ever comes from being out till 3:40am and being at a house party in Central Hillside Duluth. So far no motives were published in the paper and I am sure the news on why he shot the man will be known to us Duluthians.

The church hall is covered in concrete/contruction dust from the new left being installed in our church along with new restrooms. I got the stripping machine working and after the final mop, I can still wipe white dust on my hands! UGH! By tomorrow things should be clean and ready for Thursday's reception.

I cannot believe its already July 4th this Wednesday. Baseball is coming to hault pretty soon (3 more games and then the playoffs begin), summer soccer is winding down and soon fall will be amongst us.

Later!

No comments: