Monday, August 6, 2007

Not Much Going On

This is so weird, normally I am getting busy to go out birding or netting a few dragonflies but so far I had urgent need to do either. My life is filled with taking care of the yard, doing some projects around the house, running the kids to their sport events, making sure the Catholic Church I take care of is clean and ready to go each weekend. It's just plain wierd that I no longer make time to go birding!

Do not get me wrong, I love what I do and grateful that I can control my work hours plus take care of the kids and the house. It's just lately my thoughts are not on birds. I am though spending a lot of time working on the Sax Zim Winter Bird Festival but that is about how close to birding I been doing lately.

I think as soon as spetember nears my birding urge will swell up and I will get out to Park Pt. and do some lake scanning.

Last week my son's little league team I coach (Blue Jays) went to the championship game! We defeated the first place team that was loaded with talent and I beat them with only 8 players on my roster! I think we would of won the little league championship if this new rule that the little league created about pitch counts and number of days off after pitching and ect. We played our hearts out on Monday and I used my best pitchers for that game and my best pitchers according to the rules had to take a day off and we played the next day for the championship. Oh well.

I purchased a pulling harness last winter for our Siberian Husky - Bear to pull the kids around on the sled. Well this summer I been hooking up the harness and having Bear pull my bike around the block. So far he can pull me around for about a mile than he tires out. After the run I spray him down with cold water and give him lots of water to drink. Most times he wanders over to the yard sprinkler and stands over the sprinkler and lets the shooting sprays of water spray him.

Well its soccer time and soon Nighthawks will be migrating down the shore and its fun counting nighthawks as I sit on my lawn chair and watch the kids play. I like summer but I am huge fan of fall season. I like the comfy feel of family gathering at night, the smell of rotting leaves and sights of jaegers chasing gulls. My favorite get together is Halloween and greeting the kids at the door. I usually slip in the "Peanuts Halloween" DVD in and remember the days when I was a kid. Yep I love the fall season.

My paper route is FUN! I have no problem getting up at 2:30am and get the papers, turn the radio to 56.0am radio and listen to pretty good sports show. I see so much wildlife at night in the country. I seen on one night 8 Red Foxes and 10 skunks! I am still waiting to see a Bobcat or something else running across the road. Le Contes Sparrows are still singing at night on territory! This winter should be interesting or even this fall as owls move around at night.

Other than that no much is new up here in Duluth. Hopefully ( I said this last time) I will get some photos in here. I have a great photo of some begging young chipping sparrows in the nest.

Take care

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Estabilizador e Nobreak, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://estabilizador-e-nobreak.blogspot.com. A hug.