Monday, May 7, 2007

Western Strays and Doggie Stuff


Morgan Park mud flats are quite extensive this year with very low water levels along the St. Louis River. Last year the mud flats were only about 5 -10 yards our from shore and this spring the mud flats extend at least 50-60 yards out from shore.

Today I saw a Marbled Godwit and a Wilson Phalarope foraging for food near the water edge. These mud flats should continue to be worth checking each day during May for western strays and for Whimbrels. Its been several springs since Duluth had a decent report of Whimbrels in the area and also Red Knots.


Yellow-headed Blackbirds are pretty kool birds and I love thier calls. In fact before I seen the bird I was hearing it and for some stupid reason I thought it was a Caspian Tern calling until my brain kicked in and I looked up and right above me was the blackbird!

I hope to get better photos this June in Manitoba this year and this was the best I could do in the lousy light.

I am guiding some folk out tomorrow. They travelled all the way from Spain! They own a very nice hotel in the pyrenees (spelling?) mountains. I have some photos of it and it looks like a place where the rich and famous would go to. The hotel is almost built into the mountains and all the rooms have large views of the valleys below and of course the mountain views. I am picking them up at the Cotton Mansion Bed & Breakfast. I plan on wearing my old baggy jeans with holes in the knees and my raggy shirt so they can feel sorry for me and tip me big time! LOL kidding!!!!! I will wear the typical running pants, sweatshirt and of course my sandals! They are going to sit and ride in my environmental friendly GMC Yukon XL 4X4 which is the same size as a full size Chevy Suburban! I am also proud to admit that my Yukon is on the top ten list for the most expensive SUV to drive because of the price of gas it takes to fill the tank! It cost anywhere $45-55 to fill the tank full. Its my global warming machine

Talking about global warming, Monica and I met our neighbor's cousin who is going to install air conditioning in our house. So by June 1 we will have central air conditioning but since we piss people off with our huge gas sucking & C02 emitting SUV, we are also going to get a energy efficient furnace. Since we already use natural gas to heat our house and force air system in our house 1/2 the work is already done to install the air conditioning unit. Since the weather forecasters have predicted that this summer will be a hot one, the Hendrickson family will be cranking the air conditioning on this summer!

My neighbor is single woman who raised two daughters. The daughters are gone now and she works full time as a eye doctor assistant. She is gone 9-10 hours during the day and leaves her black lab in her kennel outside all day. The kennel is located in the back of house in constant shade and sits on a cement floor. Her last dog died of kidney disease and I knew it was because the dog basically lived in the kennel and held its piss and shit till her owner let out each night. Eventually the kidneys failed. So she got a Black Lab to replace her last dog.

I always come home each day fro mwork around 1-2pm, so I offer to take the dog out of his kennel and let her dog, "King" play with my dog "Bear". She was really happy that I was willing to do this and Bear is realy happy to play with King. These dogs get along really well and all they do is chase each other around, wrestle with each other and smell each other's asses. The photo above is Bear trying to push King out of his kiddy pool. The odd thing about young King is that last fall he got his testicals removed and for some reason he is horny and wants to get it on with Bear! Bear keeps telling King that his ass is off limits but King keeps trying. Bear nips King's ears and when that doesn't work Bear kicks him or falls to his side. King is only 1 1/2 years old and after several days of play King is getting the message that Bear is not interested in sex. All Bear wants to do is play chase and wrestle.

The other day King got so aroused that his penis was erected out so much that poor ole King couldn't walk with out whimpering. In fact he couldn't walk period! So I had to slowly walk him back ot his kennel and let him relax in the cool shade. Finally his doggy manhood shriveled up and he was all better.

Yep that's what my blog is all about -- Dog sex episodes and some spattering of bird sightings!




No comments: